Moving Packing Tips
1. Create a master moving to-do list
2. Use the right size boxes.
3. Get rid of things that you don't need.
4. Sort things by category.
5. Put heavier items on the bottoms of boxes, lighter items on top.
6. Don’t leave empty spaces in the boxes.
7. Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box.
8. Label each box with the room it’s destined for and a description of its contents.
9. Pack a personal overnight bag.
10. Pack a clear plastic box with things you’ll need right away.
11. If you’re moving expensive art, ask your mover about special crating.
12. Set aside cleaning supplies for moving day.
13. Protect fragile items with packing paper, bubble wrap, or blankets.
14. Change your address a week before you move.