1. Create a master list to make sure you have all materials needed for packing.
2. Use the right size boxes and properly fill them.
3. Go through your items and eliminate what is not needed for your move.
4. Sort things by category and label boxes properly for quick and efficient placement at destination.
5. Put heavier items on the bottoms of boxes, lighter items on top so all your items are protected.
6. Making sure there is no empty spaces in boxes is the most important, so items are protected, and boxes do not collapse.
7. Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box for efficient unpacking.
8. Chemical and liquids should be packed separately to avoid damage to other personal items.
9. Make sure all lawn equipment, propane tanks from grills, etc. are emptied from fuels and removed prior to being picked up. Reminder Flammable liquids are not allowed in Trucks per DOT Regulations.
10. Pack a personal overnight bag and take any medications or important needs with you so you’re not waiting for it to be unloaded from truck.
11. If you’re moving expensive art and/or fragile items, ask us about special crating.
12. Set aside cleaning supplies for moving day.
13. Protect fragile items with packing paper, bubble wrap, or blankets.
14. Change your address a week before you move so all items are being sent to new destination.
15. Use American Moving & Storage Inc. to make your move as easy as it can be.